Friday, February 27, 2009

Home (Blog 6)


1.) Immediate Response- I think this picture illustrates lots of textures. It has many different variety's with the bricks and the wood. you also can see the textures very well in the photo. The first thing I notice about this photo is our last name in the picture frame. It is made out of the old wood barn of my grandparents farm. It also makes me think of home. The textures are different and thats what I like aboiut this photo.

2.) Objective Description- In the picture that I am looking at there is a brick fire place and up on the manttle is a candle holder made out of a old telaphone pole. Then there is a piture up on the wall with my last name in it that has a old wood frame around it.

3.) Formal Matters- There is good line quality and many diffrent textures in the picture from the bricks to the wood. It is a very centered picture and is very symetrical. The colors also match and blend very well in the photo. There are also lots of diffrent values and highlights to the picture.

4.) The Story It Tells- This reminds me of my family and were I live. It also makes me think of warmth being by the fireplace. My dad made the candle holder so it has meaning to me and also the picture fram was made out of my grandpas old barn that they tore down. The one word I would use to describe it is just probley "Home"

5.) The Work In The World- I really dont think it relates to any of his work as his are more just simple and plain textures and it doesn't make me think of his work. I think some of his things are very good for the textures but my photo doesn't relate very well at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment