Friday, February 13, 2009

Drag It (Blog 4)

1.) Immediate Response- When I look at this photo I took I think WOW!!! That's a fast car. This is my step Dad's car and when I took this I thought is has great expression of me. It also shows lots of value's within the photo. I really like the shadow underneath the car. It really sets the photo well. It also has great highlights on the side of the car were the fenders are flared.

2.) Objective Description- In this picture there is a 1969 SS Chevelle that is competion orange. It is on a drag strip and there is a guy behind the car that is running the tree. The car is raised up off the ground. This shows you that he is taking off. There are very big back tires on the car and it allows the car to hook up to the track better.

3.) Formal Matters- I really think this photo has great line as it leads your eyes very well. I think it has great compostion in the shadow and the highlights are very intruging. It shows many values through the picture to which is very eye appealling to. The picture is centered but it almost leads the eye as if you were looking from the side.

4.) The Story It Tells- To me it tells there is danger and lots of addrenaline involved which is what I love. I think that it tells you that it is going to go fast down the drag strip just by the front wheels leaving the ground. It also is a passion of mine so it really tells me a lot about my life. My saying since I was a kid was " Live Life In The Fast Lane"!

5.) The Work In The World- My photo does not connect at all with his work. My picture is like totally opposite of balarinas! My picture is fast paced and very loud. This is a good opposite. Cause his work is very soft, quiet and lovely. Mine is very loud, bold and fast paced.

No comments:

Post a Comment