Friday, January 23, 2009

Fronteer City (Blog 1)

1.) Immediate Response- I was very attracted by the photo that I took it reminded me of the old west, the first thing I noticed was the old rugged wagon. The Frontier City sign stands out and I like the wagon is the plot from the picture.

2.) Object Description- It is set in an old west setting, there is an old rugged wagon sitting out in front of the red building that looks like and old barn were they keep there horses when they shopped in town. It reminds me of the way the settlers settle the plains and made a frontier city that was very useful and beneficial to the people.

3.) Formal Matters- Very composed composition it has very good line quality with the old wood and highlights. The wagon just adds to the line value giving the picture depth. The picture is very central and it is proportioned very well were the wagon is placed.

4.) The Story It Tells- I think it tells a very good story. The old west is still with us today. It is a very good source of art like Greek and roman art. It also is very rugged and shows what people endured in the new frontier. I named it as " Settled" like they were very humble and loved the land they lived on.

5.) The Work In The World- It really doesn't connect with Kimberly's work but it shows lots of emotion with the setting its in. It shows a lot of why we are here today and what it was like back when people had to fight for rights and there beliefs. I really think that is shows lots of emotion like her portraits, but it really doesn't connect with her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment