Friday, January 30, 2009

Feed Away (Blog 2)


1.) Immediate Response- The first thing that I liked about this photo was the sun coming in and glaring on the feed sacks. Then you look at it a little closer and you see many rhythm's with the sacks and almost a continuous line and they are all the same. The lines are very proportioned to the photo and have an intriguing value about them. There are also many secondary lines in the composition which I really liked.

2.) Object Description- The picture I am looking has identical feed sacks that are stacked simultaneously with the blue and the brown opposite of each other. There are more of them behind the first stack that you can see. There also is a glare of the sun coming in the door behind were the picture was taken.

3.) Formal Quality- The quality is very symmetrical and rhythmic. It is off center and has the same line quality through out the picture. When I look at it its almost as my eyes follow the pattern that's on the feed sacks. The picture is placed in space very well and has depth.

4.) The Story It Tells- To me I think it tells a story that reminds me of the production of anything and the rewards that come with the production of a product. It also makes me think of nutrition and feeding an animal. In turn the reputation and production makes money for the farmer, company and also the consumer.

5.) The Work In The World- I think this photo connects with some of his work as you see some of the same line values and the rhythm's within his drawings. They tell story's as if you were almost there yourself. I think that some of his pictures are very similar in type but not the style that you see in my photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment